Thursday, August 2, 2012

Broken Rules

We Live Upstairs Broken Rules Outfit

We Live Upstairs Broken Rules Outfit

We Live Upstairs Broken Rules Outfit

We Live Upstairs Broken Rules Outfit
Sun eats face.

We Live Upstairs Broken Rules Outfit
Cami: No idea; Tied Shirt: Vintage; Skirt: Thrifted; Necklace + Booties: Target; Backpack: Thrifted


So...I know photos are not supposed to be taken in direct sunlight, but I really love this used bookstore by our apartment, and I couldn't resist. Sue me. Adams' is one of those musty places with books covering every square inch of possible floor space, leaving only a small walking path and a couple of inches of ventilation just shy of the ceiling. It's a great place to find a seat on an available stack of books and just get lost in whatever your heart desires. Thus, I felt the need to pose in front of it : ).

This skirt is one of my favorite vintage pieces. It's a great mustard-almost-brown color and reeks of mad men- what's not to love? And yes, I used a tied shirt as an accessory, a la Jennifer; I try to brink back the 90s as much as possible.

Happy weekend, y'all! Make it a good one!

18 comments:

  1. Flannels forever! Love your look. Very thrifty/vintage

    new follower <3

    love from nyc,
    www.nicolealyse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes! I love plaid. Too much, I think.

      Delete
  2. Aw, thank you!
    Thats so nice to hear : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can completely see why this skirt is one of your favorite pieces, it's amazing! And I know nothing about photography so I'm not sure if it means anything when I say I love these photos, especially the sunlight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! : )
      I actually think they turned out alright- the coloring was a bit off, maybe. But if I like them, that's what matters, right? : )

      Delete
  4. Love your necklace! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This bookstore looks awesome! Im loving the floral cardi and the necklace! Also, the red dress from the previous post is SO pretty! Definitely learn how to sew, I literally practiced with ONE dress with my boyfriend's mom and have been going crazy ever since! It took maybe 3 hours tops to learn all the basics! If you have any questions feel free to ask always, but I am definitely no expert yet! It opens up a whole new world of possibilities while thrift shopping :)
    Hope youre having a wonderful day!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! : )
      And I know! I always see so many things while thrifting that would be amazing if only a little shorter, less baggy, etc. I've got the itch to learn! And thanks for being so willing to help!

      Delete
  6. The 90's are my FAVORITE. I really kind of don't want this 90's are back thing to leave us ever! :) Your blog is really lovely! I saw your button on Messages on a Napkin. So glad I stumbled upon it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! The 90s have everything you need: feminine things and grunge. Floral dresses and dr. martens allll day. : )
      And I'm glad to know you're a reader of Marlena's! She's the best! Hope you come back around! : )

      Delete
  7. very cute :) lovely blog xx

    iampolkadots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love book stores like that! It feels like you could stumble upon some amazing gems. Also, I like your mustard skirt, especially the buttons down front!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly the type of place it is!
      And thanks lady! Those are my faveorite features about it too : )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...