Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Purple Pleat Monster

We Live Upstairs Purple Pleat Monster Outfit

This is me last week, during another long-distance visit from Isaac. Or, Isaac's cousins perhaps. The Midwest wind I've come to love and hate (mostly hate; very fickle hair, you see) was in full effect here, yet actually working to my favor; hence the utter glamour in the last two photos. Occasionally, Missouri throws me a bone. 

We Live Upstairs Purple Pleat Monster Outfit

We Live Upstairs Purple Pleat Monster Outfit

This dress is something I found on re-dic sale this summer, and have worn twice since; layered both times. I love the volume of the pleats and the color, and can't wait to pair it with more outlandish items this fall. You'll also notice I tried to do that retro-curly-pin thing (technical terms are lost on me), and save for the completely visible bobby pin, I think it turned out alright (if you ignore the speck of unidentified white amongst the sea of faded medium auburn)! I can't wait to get more adventurous with my hair as it continues to grow. What are some of your go-to styles for medium-long hair? Share!

We Live Upstairs Purple Pleat Monster Outfit

We Live Upstairs Purple Pleat Monster Outfit

We Live Upstairs Purple Pleat Monster Outfit
Dress: Lush; Shirt: Thrifted; Coat: Thrifted; Boots: Thrifted

That's it for me today. See y'all tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Yet again purple proves to be my favorite color. Ever remember the "purple people eater" ? haha what's up with that?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if I ever really knew what the purple people eater was? Haha. I mean, his color and occupation are defined, but purpose..?

      Delete
  2. Wow! the dress is amazing!! the color is perfect, you styled it very good :)
    hope you can visit our blog and leave some comments, we can follow each other if you want to.

    LOVE
    www.pieldelcosmos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! and will do! : )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...